Legacy Giving

61605.jpg
 
 
 
 
 

Smart Ways to Give 

Every year, about 80% of our charitable gifts are made with cash; the remaining 20% is made up of all sorts of non-cash assets. But, nearly 93% of what we own are non-cash assets and the other 7% is cash. During this workshop you will hear stories about some stop and think gifts people are giving, from their attic to the basement and from sea to shining sea. When people are able to give what they purposed in their hearts to give in a stop and think way, they often have more cash leftover to decide how to use.

 

Examples of Stop and THink Gifts Than can be Donated

A wide range of real property and personal property can be given.

Real Property

  • Single-family Homes

  • Vacation Homes

  • Apartments, condominiums and cooperatives

  • Farms, ranches and vineyards

  • Undeveloped Land

  • Office Buildings

  • Multi-family Homes

  • Hotels, motels and resort properties

  • Warehouses

  • Industrial Property

  • Recreational properties, such as golf courses

  • Shopping Centers

Personal Property

  • Sculpture

  • Porcelain and Silver

  • Jewelry and Watches

  • Aircraft

  • Paintings

  • Decorative Objects

  • Rugs

  • Watercraft

  • Drawings and Prints

  • Furniture

  • Classic Cars

  • Collections, such as stamps, coins, medals, books or other memorabilia

  • Intellectual property, such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, etc.

  • Securities both public and closely held (family owned), LLC memberships, Partnership units, etc.

  • Life insurance policies, Retirement plan distributions, etc.

  • Promissory notes, lease agreements, etc.

If you are interested in legacy giving, email Kristin Kaiser at kkaiser@orchardhillchurch.com

 

Want to contribute monetarily?