As you explore your personal faith in Jesus Christ, it's significant to know what you believe and why you believe it. As you consider becoming part of a local church, it is important to understand basic doctrinal statements, how those statements align with the Bible and what accountability is in place to protect the integrity of the church community. The end result is not a list of rules and rituals, but an understanding that a living God has given His very life in order to have a relationship with you in a very personal way.
Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one God who exists as a trinity: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe humans are born sinful and condemned and cannot save themselves. Humans have a soul that will live eternally either with perfect joy in heaven or complete despair in hell.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only one who can save us by being our substitute: He lived the perfect life that we are unable to live and He died the death that we deserve to die.
- We believe the Church is God's chosen means to accomplish His work in the world and the followers of Jesus Christ should be the embodiment of Jesus in and to the world.
- We believe Jesus will come again to establish and reign in a new heaven and new earth.
- We believe God rules with sovereignty over the universe and human affairs and we are graciously reformed, emphasizing the work of God in salvation. We are Gospel-centered emphasizing that a Christian's standing is not based on what we do, but what Jesus Christ has done.